Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hartshorn Herald - Spring 2010, Issues 1 and 2


Here we are -- in a new year and a new session of the Hartshorn Herald. This is your place, Reporters, for sharing all or part of your articles so everyone can help you revise and edit your pieces. Please keep your comments kind and constructive! Mrs. Lanzo and I are looking forward to reading your work and your thoughtful words for others.
Ms. Goldberg

34 comments:

Mrs. Lanzo said...

Welcome to our new crew of the Hartshorn Herald! I am looking forward to reading all of your awesome articles! This blog is a great place to post ideas, ask questions, and to share with others your final drafts for editing! Happy writing!

Ms. G. said...

When you want to leave a comment for anyone on the Herald, click on the number of comments, then fill in this box and type the "word verification" then click on "Name/Url" to place the comment.

Himani said...

Hoorayy! i finally got on here!!!!!!!!!

Olivia said...

Hi ppl how r ya? I got on and I am so excited to be on the Hartshorn Herald!! O yah and hi Mrs.Lanzo and hi Mrs.Goldberg!!!!

Olivia said...

Hi again I just want to say one more thing to Mrs.Goldberg. I have a great banner and can I bring it in early like on Friday or tomorrow or even Monday like before Wednesday? Plz respond and I LOVE THE HH

Ms. G. said...

Olivia, and anyone else with completed banners, can bring them to the Lab before next Wednesday. I'll put them in a safe place! Thanks to Himani and Olivia for successfully posting! We need seven more :-)

Mrs. Lanzo said...

Great job Himani and Olivia! So glad some banners are in the works! I'm looking forward to reading your pieces!

Sophia said...

I have an idea for an article. It would be reviews for sweets that sound unusual but they are yummy! Maybe frozen hot chocolate could be one. What do you think?

Sophia said...

Hi everyone! does the banner have to be done by wednesday?

Sophia said...

I am so excited to be on the Hartshorn Herald!

Ms. G. said...

Sophia -
A review of sweet treats sounds delicious! The banners should be in by Wednesday so we can vote. If we don't get everyone's then we'd have to wait until after the break.

Mrs. Lanzo said...

HI!
I've had that frozen hot chocolate! Yum-o! What are some other ideas far articles out there?! Keep posting!
See you Wednesday! xoxoxoxo

Ms. G. said...

Dear Reporters,
Just in case we have a snow day on Wednesday and ASE is cancelled for the day, let's start collecting some questions for Dr. Brodow. We'd like to ask him about his years in Millburn, his feelings about retirement, his plans for the future, etc. Let's collect some good questions right here on the blog so we can put them all together and invite him to visit us in a few weeks. Then we'll have all our questions ready for the people who do the interview.

Jackson said...

I finally got on year my computer was having problems

Jackson said...

I was thinking that possibly we could a contest for spring poetry, and drawing contest with a winner for each in every grade.

Jackson said...

We should have a article from the kindergarteners about what they think of the school scince it is their first year here. Such as:

time outside
5th grade buddies
subjects
ect, ect,

Sophia said...

I wrote some book reviews on my website. www.totallyfabu.webs.com

Mrs. Lanzo said...

Jackson - glad you're on now! So we had TWO snow days! Wow! I hope you've all had an awesome vacation week too! I will see you on Wed. in the lab. Bring your articles and any questions for Dr. Brodow's interview! See you soon! xoxoxo Also-- any banners out there? I heard we only have one submitted. So...Get drawing if that's your thing! We have 2 issues to put out this spring! Tootles!

Ms. G. said...

I love Jackson's idea of interviewing the kindergartners about their first year at Hartshorn. Sophia, are the book reviews on your website things you were working on for the Herald? If they are, can you copy and paste them into this blog so others can help you revise and edit?
Missing all of you....

Jackson!!!!!!!!!! said...

I have some interview questions for Dr. Browdow:

What has been your favorite part of superintendent?
What was your Job before you were superintendent?
Was being superintendent stressful?

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't anyone commented!!!

Mrs. Lanzo said...

Great news Heralders!
The first issue is ready to publish. Ms. Goldberg and I have made all the copies and so you need to come ready to collate and staple. Please bring a working stapler to use! Great job with your writing. Mr. Castaldo is so proud of you too! See you Wed. at 3!

Ms. G. said...

We'll also be working on our second issue. Someone may have already volunteered to do the article on the 5th grade charity project. If not, we'll need to arrange an interview with 3 of Mrs. Gordon's students and find someone to write the article. If YOU are the person who volunteered, be sure to let me and Mrs. Lanzo know on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Michal Why, oh why Havn't you commented

Sophia said...

I loved our first issue!

Olivia
For our Fancy Nancy play, here some of Nancy's friend/things: Bree, the boy from Paris, Marabel, and Frenchy! I'm so excited!

Ms. G. said...

Sophia and everyone,
I loved our first issue, too! Keep up the excellent work!

Mrs. Lanzo said...

Yes... the first issue was awesome! Great job everyone! xoxoxoxoxoooxox

Olivia said...

Hi everyone,
I loved making the first issue and I bet the second one will be great too! I can't wait to see you guys again and make the second issue!

Olivia said...

Sophie,
OK that is great see you at school!

Deanne said...

Hi everyone! I posted a comment before but it didn't show up. I must have done something wrong. We are doing the interview for the 3 girls in Mrs. Gordon's class. I am going to ask my teacher if I can go out of class so that I can interview them because we have had half days for Mon. Tues. Wed. and Thurs. I left before recess on last Thurs. and Fri. I almost got a concusion because I ran into a pole. I'll get it done, somehow. I'm really sorry about that. It is only going to take a little bit to interview them.

Ms. G. said...

My goodness! Poor Deanne! Thank you, though, for being conscientious about the interview. We'll have to get the article written before the end of our next session (the week we come back from break).

Other items I know we need:
Jackson's kindergarten interview about first year at Hartshorn

Something from Jared and Jake (alone or together or both)

Sophia's interview with Ms. Strassberg (don't know if I spelled that right)

Something from Olivia

I think eveeryone else has at least one item in Issue 2. If you have anything you want to post here, please do.

Have a great break!

Love,
Ms. G.

Sophia said...

I interviewed Carrie!

Deanne said...

Who's Carrie?? Yeah I already interviewed them.

Deanne said...

hi again. yeah, next week is our last week. and you know what that means... PARTY!!! ms. goldberg told me that they are done with the 2 article. it's going to be great.